Wayne Blaszczyk wrote:

> I've been using (pure (no bootscripts)) systemd for the past 4 months
> when I upgraded to LFS 7.2, and I'm quite happy with it. I don't see
> what all the negative fuss with it was all about.

We try to explain what is going on with the boot process.  Systemd makes
it opaque.  See http://www.faqs.org/docs/artu/ch01s06.html

It especially violates the first rule:

"Make each program do one thing well. To do a new job, build afresh
rather than complicate old programs by adding new features."

> The reason why I tried
> it out in the first place was due to three reasons. The fact that
> ConsoleKit was being deprecated, I didn't like the heavy customization
> of udev,

What customization?  We don't modify any code, just bypass autotools.

and as of Gnome 3.8, I've heard that it will be a hard dependency.

There are a lot of people dropping Gnome.  I guess that will accelerate.

> I must also say, that this has been the most stable system yet since the
> introduction of Gnome 3.0. I had issues with the occasional desktop
> freeze, but none since this latest build.
>
> I don't see why systemd cannot be included in BLFS as it is just another
> option.

Do you want to write it?