On Sun, Jul 07, 2013 at 12:24:47PM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 07, 2013 at 07:26:53AM -0300, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
> >
> > Ken, no problem with the search bar?
> >
> > I have not yet updated the mozillas.
> >
>  Works fine in firefox without xulrunner.  Sorry, I'd forgotten
> about that issue.  Will take a look after I've fixed the build
> problem on xulrunner (dunno how I forgot that part) : upstream
> patched the 21.0 packager build issue, but the sed still matches and
> now causes breakage.

 The patch you provided a month ago seems to fix it on 22.0 (applies
with an offset of -68 lines).  Google was unhelpful on this topic -
a lack of unique search terms, there seems to have been breakage in
search bars with every release - many of those were from corrupted
binary downloads.

 Still no idea if the big distros are seeing this.  Certainly,
fedora use xulrunner and don't seem to take any action for this
problem.

 Tested by searching for firefox on wikipedia which took me to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefox where the following sentence
can be found -

| They believed the commercial requirements of
| Netscape's sponsorship and developer-driven feature creep
| compromised the utility of the Mozilla browser.

 How times change, or not.  I'll commit the patch once I've reminded
myself of our '_' vs '-' naming conventions.

ĸen