On 23/08/13 02:56, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> I am trying to update lvm2 and am running into a bit of trouble with the
> tests.  The configure and make complete with out issue.  I did a make
> install to a DESTDIR and that was OK too.
>
> The problem is 'make check'.  If I run as a normal user, all the tests
> fail with what looks like permission problems.  If I run the tests as
> root, the first test, normal:api/lvtest.sh just hangs waiting for something.
>
> I went back and tried the current version and got the same thing.  The
> kernel does have RAID/LVM and Device Mapper Support.
>
> Any ideas?
>
>     -- Bruce

On 23/08/13 02:56, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
 > I am trying to update lvm2 and am running into a bit of trouble with the
 > tests.  The configure and make complete with out issue.  I did a make
 > install to a DESTDIR and that was OK too.
 >
 > The problem is 'make check'.  If I run as a normal user, all the tests
 > fail with what looks like permission problems.  If I run the tests as
 > root, the first test, normal:api/lvtest.sh just hangs waiting for
something.

 > I went back and tried the current version and got the same thing.  The
 > kernel does have RAID/LVM and Device Mapper Support.

I've partially succeeded running a 'sudo make check', but the procedure
hangs on the test, 'shell/lvconvert-raid.sh'

Running the test with verbose output:

PATH=$PATH:/sbin sudo make check T=lvconvert-raid VERBOSE=1

the test hangs on the line:

lvcreate --type raid4 -i 3 -l 3 -n LV1 @PREFIX@vg

after which any subsequent lvm command hangs, until I reboot the system.

This happens for both 2.02.98 and 2.02.100 versions.

(I've also been unable to get lvcreate --type raid4 working outside the
test)

This is with the default LFS 7.3 kernel: 3.8.1 and 3.8.1 kernel headers,
with crypt, snapshot, mirror and raid device-mapper targets. The tests
completely fail with a 3.9.7 kernel, with errors such as "Snapshot
target support missing from kernel" (lib/activate/dev_manager.c:2243 in
2.02.100).

Can you run a simple lvcreate from the command-line? If so, then perhaps
there is a problem with the loop device setup (losetup from
utils-linux), which I believe the tests use?

Hope that helps.

David