On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 03:24:12PM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 04:52:57AM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
> >
> > Is there anything currently available along these lines before I go
> > reinvent the wheel?
> >
>  People have tried using jhalfs.  The problem with BLFS packages is
> that many have optional dependencies and associated configure
> switches.  In theory, packages should build (with the book's
> instructions) when the required AND the recommended deps are present.

 Forgot to add that some packages reference alternatives - usually
in optional deps, but not always.   libjpeg-turbo can again build
with either NASM or yasm :

    <para role="required">
      <xref linkend="NASM"/> or <xref linkend="yasm"/>
    </para>

 I suspect that anything parsing that will probably decide to build
both these assemblers.  That should be ok.

ĸen