>On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 04:52:57 -0500
>Rob Landley <r...@landley.net> wrote:

> What I don't currently have is a way to parse the docbook and
> generate automated builds from that. I'm currently doing it by hand.
> If the instructions are regular enough that a machine can be
> programmed to follow them, it would probably be a good idea to do
> that.
>
> Is there anything currently available along these lines before I go
> reinvent the wheel?

Well, while it's not what you want, I do have a very old script that I
use for building LFS and that I can share if anyone is interested. It
takes as input an instruction file which describes the packages that
need to be build, the order in which they need to be built and any and
all peculiarities of building that particular package (for example,
extra configure options, patches that need to be applied et cetera).

The upside of this approach is that the script is eternal - I haven't
changed it in many years. Other good things include the relative
brevity of the instruction files, the relative ease of changing them
and the ease of adding or removing packages. The downside is that the
instruction files need to be maintained manually. This is a particular
problem when assembling them for the first time, but after they have
been first assembled, the maintenance cost plummets... unless the
instructions are changed frequently.

--
You don't need an AI for a robot uprising.
Humans will do just fine.