Le 15/11/2013 22:54, akhiezer a écrit :
>> From: Matt Burgess <matt...@linuxfromscratch.org>
>> To: BLFS Development List <blfs-dev@linuxfromscratch.org>
>> Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 20:13:04 +0000
>> Subject: Re: [blfs-dev] Proposed changes
>>
>> On Fri, 2013-11-15 at 16:18 +0000, akhiezer wrote:
>>
>>> I mean parsing of the blfs xml tree to build a deps-tree: but that of
>>> course
>>> still depends on accuracy of info in said tree; and given current & ongoing
>>> inaccuracies, said parser still needs some 'overrides' that augments/
>>> corrects-for the xml input.
>>
>> You could give
>> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~matthew/depresolver-001.tar.gz a try.
>> It seemed to work for me on an up to date copy of the BLFS XML just now.
>> As you allude to though, it's very much a case of Garbage In Garbage
>> Out, so if the deps in the BLFS XML are inaccurate, so will the results
>> of this dependency resolver be.  It will print a tree out though, and
>> doesn't get caught out by cyclic dependencies, but I don't think it
>> explicitly identifies them.
>>
>> Cheers.
>>
>> Matt.
>>

>  - thanks for the link; will have a look.
>

> Actually do use one here, hacked together using awk/join/&c: it's on the todo
> list ('in the todo _book_') to finish off the more-proper BNF/lex-yacc implem
> of it; but let me not speak of (partial-)vapourware.
>

> I expect that there are various folks using similar tools to get and keep a
> handle on the structure of what they need to build.

There is one in the blfs tools of jhalfs, which seems to work[*] for
recommended and required deps (optional deps are a lot harder, since they
refer to packages not in the book, for which we have no dependency info), with
circular deps detection, and equal treatment of normal packages and modules
(python and perl, as well as X protos, apps &c). One interesting feature is
that you can build the dependency tree not only for one package, but also for
a list of packages.

Regards
Pierre

[*] I mean I have tested it for almost all packages in the book, but not on
recent versions.