Le 18/11/2013 11:29, Fernando de Oliveira a écrit :
> Em 17-11-2013 19:12, Pierre Labastie escreveu:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> In the process of updating apr and apr-util, I did a thorough test of
>> subversion. I have found a few inaccuracies there:
>> - the test time is much longer than indicated (38 SBU). BTW, there is only
>> one
>> error.
>
> FAIL:  lt-wc-queries-test 3: test query expectations
> Summary of test results:
>    1897 tests PASSED
>    52 tests SKIPPED
>    30 tests XFAILED (1 WORK-IN-PROGRESS)
>    1 test FAILED
> SUMMARY: Some tests failed.
>
> make: *** [check] Error 1
>
> real  33m19.163s
> user  10m8.563s
> sys   14m7.070s
>
> This gives me ≈ 11,623041 SBU.
>

> Then, I ran againg the tests with make -k check, but chose to use above
> (second runs always give me lower values, and i prefer to inform the
> user what is going to happen the first time).
>
> FAIL:  lt-wc-queries-test 3: test query expectations
> Summary of test results:
>    1897 tests PASSED
>    52 tests SKIPPED
>    30 tests XFAILED (1 WORK-IN-PROGRESS)
>    1 test FAILED
> SUMMARY: Some tests failed.
>
> make: *** [check] Error 1
>
> real  32m35.956s
> user  10m7.685s
> sys   14m18.426s
>
> SBU_TIME for swig tests: 0.95542442
>
> I have been having very different SBUs and buiddirsize from the book and
> can only report what I obtained. I have already discussed about the
> builddirsizes, but apparently this happens to the times also: I use i686.
>
> I have all the logs, if anyone wants to inspect.
>
> And my conclusion is not about the inaccuracies of the reported by
> previous editors.
Fernando,
Sorry if you took my post like that. I did not mean to report
"inaccuracies", but differences.
For timings, I use "echo $SECONDS" (as in jhalfs).
And I got roughly 5900 s for the tests (SBU is 154s), including swig
tests (I am very amazed that they are so short for you, the python tests
took at least a quarter of an hour for me).
It may be because I use a virtual machine on x86_64, but that should
affect the SBU too...

>> How should I proceed: raise a ticket and modify the book?
>> Let Fernando do it himself?
> I would suggest that if you want to change SBU or builddirsize, do it
> for one that you are updating, leave the others as they are. I have
> different results for almost all applications int the book that I
> install and I have not updated.
That seems very reasonable. Please forgive me and forget my suggestion:
as a beginner BLFS editor, I have been too enthusiastic...

> Another suggestion, if we had many editors, would be to inform with the
> data if it is from x86_64 or i686.
>
> Just to show my differences
>
> 9,7M  /home/fernando/tmp/paco-build-2013.11.17-10h56m49s/apr-1.5.0
> 1,6M  /home/fernando/tmp/paco-build-2013.11.17-10h56m49s/DEST-apr-1.5.0
> 12M   total
> 796K  /home/fernando/sshfs/blfs/apr-1.5.0.tar.bz2
> 796K  total
> cc93bd2c12d0d037f68e21cc6385dc31
> /home/fernando/sshfs/blfs/apr-1.5.0.tar.bz2
>
> BUILD_DIR_SIZE: 11528
>

> Then, by hand:
>
> After tests:
> real  2m42.788s
> user  0m9.731s
> sys   1m33.253s
> SBU_tests≈ 0,94644186
>
> $ du -sch *
> 12M   apr-1.5.0
> 1,6M  DEST-apr-1.5.0
> 14M   total
>
> This gives me the about the same SBUs, but differents sizes.
I see that you get a different result in "automatic" measurements (total
12M, BUILD_DIR_SIZE=11528) and by hand.
What I do is "du -sk" on the directory containing the tarball, the build
directory and the destdir directory. I have not yet implemented the
method of jhalfs (do "du -sk --exclude=lost+found /" before and after
the build. Actually, it only works in a dedicated machine, not if you
can do other things on the same machine). I do not have access to the
logs right now, but I'll send them. Discrepancies are always interesting
to analyze!

Regards
Pierre