Em 18-01-2014 18:06, Bruce Dubbs escreveu:
> Pierre Labastie wrote:

>>> I think we do.  It makes the book much more useful.
>>>
>>>     -- Bruce
>>>
>> So, I think we'd have to change the instructions on the Linux-Pam page.
>>
>> It has:
>>
>> rm -rfv /etc/pam.d
>>
>> That is OK when shadow and/or sudo do not have PAM support. But when they
>> have, that instruction locks you out of your own system!
>> You cannot su, sudo, &c anymore. And if you log out, you cannot log in
>> anymore
>> either...
>>
>> If we want to support updating, the instructions should be:
>> ! [ -d /etc/pam.d ] && install -v -m755 -d /etc/pam.d
>
> Perhaps just
>
> mkdir -p /etc/pam.d

Bruce, the install without the test works just fine. I would only add -i
in the mv of backups, to be sure not overwriting a previpus saved.

>> ! [ -r /etc/pam.d/other ] || mv /etc/pam.d/other{,.save} &&
>
> [ -r /etc/pam.d/other ] && mv /etc/pam.d/other{,.save} &&
>
>> cat > /etc/pam.d/other << "EOF"
>> auth     required       pam_deny.so
>> account  required       pam_deny.so
>> password required       pam_deny.so
>> session  required       pam_deny.so
>> EOF
>>
>> make check
>>
>> [ -r /etc/pam.d/other.save ] &&
>> mv /etc/pam.d/other{.save,} ||
>> rm -rfv /etc/pam.d/other

This part is fundamental, Pierre. In the book, the instruction removes
the entire directory:

rm -rfv /etc/pam.d

Even if nothing else is done, at least this one should be fixed as
Pierre suggested.

--
[]s,
Fernando