Em 17-02-2014 12:25, Gregory H. Nietsky escreveu:

> On 17/02/2014 16:21, akhiezer wrote:
>>> Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 09:10:17 -0300
>>> From: Fernando de Oliveira <fam...@yahoo.com.br>
>>> To: BLFS Development List <blfs-dev@linuxfromscratch.org>
>>> Subject: [blfs-dev] lsb_release configuration [Was: ... Iced Tea 2.4.1 and
>>>   iced tea 2.4.5 sed unknown option to `s']

>>> This problem appeared in the support page. Second time that lsb_release
>>> gives problem, if not installed or correctly configured. So, it seems
>>> that it is becoming increasingly more important.
>>>
>>> I am thinking of changing the page in BLFS to include the configuration
>>> file, duplicating, somehow, what is in LFS.
>>>

>>   - usually a bad idea; maintenance headache, quickly gets out-of-sync
>>   (& then just plain wrong wrt relevance), thus causng new problems, etc.
>>

>> The core of the problem is, I'd suggest, that: openjdk/icedtea code does
>> have a bug in that it uses lsb output, and lsb uses the string 'n/a'
>> as a default value, and openjdk/icedtea doesn't sanitise for that in
>> at least the problematic sed. (IIRC that problematic sed appeared a few
>> years back). Whereas, openjdk/icedtea should be able to compile/work ok
>> whether without the lsb stuff present or with lsb present and returning
>> 'n/a' for values. Thus, further, the lsb stuff should not be a assumed
>> to be(come) a prerequisite, unless the openjdk/icedtea upstream says
>> explicitly that it is.
>>

>> Therefore I'd suggest for now at least that:
>> ----
>> * on openjdk/icedtea page, include a patch that fixes the problematic sed.
>>
>>    Perhaps/probably also send same or similar patch to upstream.
>>
>> * on openjdk/icedtea page, a link/ref to that lfs 'chapter09/theend.html'
>>    material on lsb.
>>
>>    Maybe even somehow formally include it in recommended/required/optional
>>    deps: but - ref notes above - I'd say at the present stage it'd be at
>>    most under 'optional', in the absence of any stronger statement from
>>    upstream. Again: that problematic sed doesn't necessarily mean that
>>    lsb is any sort of pre-requisite for openjdk/icedtea; the latter should
>>    be able to at least compile OK without lsb present or lsb present and
>>    returning 'n/a' defvals.
>>
>> * on lfs 'chapter09/theend.html' page, perhaps strengthen the wordings "It
>>    may be a good idea" & "It is also a good idea", and give an example of
>>    some software that uses lsb (albeit perhaps slightly only-cosmetically
>>    for at least openjdk/icedtea).
>>
>>    Perhaps collect the lsb stuff together in its own page in lfs or early
>>    blfs, if it's deemed 'important' enough now.
>> ----
>> --
>
> my 2c with a 5c discount
> the lsb_release package is not supplied by linux foundation any longer
> its been removed and not maintained. in a email from them every "vendor"
> needs to supply a script that provides this function however this is too
> declare
> [...]

I have already replied some of these points, so:

But it is in LFS, first, configured, and in BLFS, installed. LFS is with
Bruce/Matt.

Here, I am trying to make it work. LXDE does not work without (I
discovered from a ticket from William I., believed him, but had
"diffculty" believing that).

OJDK, in one of my systems, works fine, if ldb_release is not installed.
Problem is if it is installed but not configured, so, no need to return
NA, it was a misconfiguration in the user machine, who did not configure
it in LFS. There, the configuration is optional. That is the reason I
wanted to have it configured in BLFS, if a test that I can introduce in
the page gives n/a. I did similar thing exactly in OJDK, where the
cacerts sometimes refused to be installed.

If someone solves the problem in LXDE, Bruce/Matt agree to remove from
the book, I would not mind.

--
[]s,
Fernando