On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 08:51:55AM -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
> > Em 20-02-2014 23:00, LFS Trac escreveu:
> >> #3505: linux-3.13.4
> >> ----------------------+------------------------
> >>   Reporter:  bdubbs@…  |      Owner:  lfs-book@…
> >>       Type:  task      |     Status:  new
> >> Component:  Book      |    Version:  SVN
> >>   Severity:  normal    |   Keywords:
> >> ----------------------+------------------------
> >>   New point version.
> >>
> >>   We can do this for 7.5.  The rule here is that we can update point
> >>   versions but not major or minor versions.
> >
> > Couldn't it be the same for blfs, for almost all packages?
>
> That's worthy of discussion.  Perhaps end packages and not libraries
> would be amenable to this type of rule.  I'm hesitant to update
> libraries right now because of possible breakages of programs already
> marked as lfs75_checked.  For the few packages that are marked
> lfs75_built, then there is no good reason not to update.
>
> Is that a reasonable compromise?
>
>    -- Bruce

 I'm somewhat reluctant to update even end packages, unless there is
a wrthwhile fix (either a vulnerability fix, or a documented fix for
a problem).  For libraries and toolkits, particularly once they have
been tagged, my general opinion is that they should wait until after
the release - again, unless there is a major fix [ and if there is,
all tags are off ].  On that basis, no to updating x264 (#4732).

ĸen