Em 02-03-2014 14:35, Bruce Dubbs escreveu:
> Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
>> That's it.
>>
>> $ man man
>> No manual entry for man

> There is no need to set directories as 2775 if the group is root,
> unless you are a member of the root group (not recommended).
>
>    -- Bruce

Thanks.

Solved.

I had very stupidly not gotten man java output. Even having, as in the book:

{{{
cat >> /etc/man_db.conf << "EOF" &&
MANDATORY_MANPATH     /opt/jdk/man
MANPATH_MAP           /opt/jdk/bin     /opt/jdk/man
MANDB_MAP             /opt/jdk/man     /var/cache/man/jdk
EOF

mandb -c /opt/jdk/man
}}}

Then included in my box:
# Adjust MANPATH
pathappend $JAVA_HOME/man MANPATH

Yet more stupid was including it in "cat > /etc/profile.d/openjdk.sh <<
"EOF"" in the book.

Then, I ran manpath:
$ manpath
manpath: aviso: $MANPATH setado, ignorando /etc/man_db.conf [warning:
$MANPATH is set, ignoring /etc/man_db.conf]
/opt/openjdk/man

Removing, rebooting, got it right (reinstalled man-db without necessity).

Now:
$ manpath
/usr/share/man:/usr/local/man:/usr/local/share/man:/usr/man:/opt/jdk/man

Telling this, because ĸen tagged OJDK. If he only maintained all for
tagging and removed, no problem. But if it is there, you ned to fix my
mistake in your machine, ĸen. More apologies.

Already fixed the book: Committed revision 12811.

--
[]s,
Fernando