On 2018-12-18 15:11 -0600, Bruce Dubbs via blfs-dev:
> I have figured out my original problem with loading the firmware for
> my
> wireless and bluetooth.  It seems that the drivers for those were
> not
> enabled.  Evidently I used the wrong base system when building the
> kernel.
>
> I still do have the message about regulatory.db.  Now that the
> interface, wlan0, is recognized by the kernel, I can set it up with
>
> # ifconfig wlan0 up
>
> but I also get:
>
> # iwlist wlan0 scanning
> wlan0     Interface doesn't support scanning.
>
> and I suspect that has to do with the regulatory.db stuff in
> cfg80211.
> I was able to find:
>
> https://mirrors.edge.kernel.org/pub/software/network/wireless-regdb/wireless-regdb-2018.10.24.tar.xz
>

> Arch has build instructions:
>
> https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/wireless-regdb

> but it needs the crda package:
>
> https://www.archlinux.org/packages/core/x86_64/crda/

crda is only used to verify the regulatory.bin file.  To keep it simple
and stupid we can just install regulatory.db, regulatory.db.p7s, and
the man page regulatory.db.5.

With regulatory.db directly loaded into the kernel /sbin/crda seems
useless.  I moved it away and my wpa_supplicant can still change the
regdom to CN (automatically, matching my OpenWRT router).
--
Xi Ruoyao <xry...@mengyan1223.wang>