On 12/19/2018 10:46 AM, Xi Ruoyao via blfs-dev wrote:
On 2018-12-19 10:37 -0600,Bruce Dubbs via blfs-dev wrote:
Also how do you set the regdom?  Do you use iw?

Adding the db is not enough.  I don't know hos to set the regdom other
than with:

# iw reg set US

but I haven't built iw yet.

iw works.  And wpa_supplicant will set the regdom matching the AP when
you connect to one.  You can try to modify the regdom of your AP and then
reconnect to it (using wpa_supplicant directly, or via NetworkManager).

OK, I built iw and set the domain:

# iw reg get
global
country US: DFS-FCC
        (2402 - 2472 @ 40), (N/A, 30), (N/A)
        (5170 - 5250 @ 80), (N/A, 23), (N/A), AUTO-BW
        (5250 - 5330 @ 80), (N/A, 23), (0 ms), DFS, AUTO-BW
        (5490 - 5730 @ 160), (N/A, 23), (0 ms), DFS
        (5735 - 5835 @ 80), (N/A, 30), (N/A)
        (57240 - 63720 @ 2160), (N/A, 40), (N/A)

But what I wan t to do is:

# iwlist wlan0 scanning
wlan0     Interface doesn't support scanning.

However when I reboot to my previous install using kernel 4.13.8, scanning works fine. Still tring to figure this out.

  -- Bruce