Hi folks,

Have any of you experienced X crashing with a SIGABRT anytime a program
using gstreamer attempts to run? I've been stuck on this all day while
rebuilding my workstation.

I originally noticed this while building Cheese. I normally use that to
test my Webcam. When running the meson command, X would crash with a
SIGABRT. Examining the meson.log file, it seems to crash running:

"gst-inspect-1.0 camerabin"

It's worth noting that if I run this at a VT, I have no issues at all. If I
run this or any gst-* program in a terminal, Xorg SIGABRTs. I've spent
about four hours so far scouring through upstream and I can't figure
anything out. Switching my phonon backend in Plasma to gstreamer from VLC
also causes it to crash (I've also tried this in LXDE and Fluxbox).

Launching Cheese results in a SIGABRT as well. I've attempted to use GDB to
latch onto Xorg, but I haven't been able to get it to give me a stack
trace.

Can someone else please look into this or try to reproduce this? I'm not
sure what else to do from here.

Thank you,
- Doug
Sent from my cell phone, my apologies for any grammar or spelling mistakes