On 4/1/21 3:52 AM, Tim Tassonis via blfs-dev wrote:
Hi all

I just discovered that curl apparently now also optionally supports cmake as build system. Per official documentation however, ./configure still seems first choice, or at least as supported as cmake.

As I personally don't see the benefits of cmake over autotools from a builders perspective (I have used neither as a developer), I suggest to stay on autotools for the moment.

However, there might be a lfs/blfs policy regarding preference for cmake that I am not aware of?

Bye
Tim

Hi Tim,

In this case, we definitely want to stay with autotools. cURL is a direct dependency of CMake, so we'd introduce problems (a circular dependency) there with trying to get CMake building before we build cURL. :-)

- Doug