On Friday 15 April 2005 21:52, Declan Moriarty wrote:
> There is a plaintive cry in sys.log asking "How do I bring up
> network interfaces in this distro?"

FBBG. That's why we remove net.agent from our hotplug installation. Of course
the script will be modified in order to call the "ifup" script from
LFS-bootscripts, but someone has to figure out first how to do that in a
secure way (so that there is absolute no possibility for any single packet to
bypass the firewall).

> usbutils will not compile :-(.

> Am I totally out of date with usbutils-0.11, hotplug-20040329?

Yes. This version of hotplug has serious problems with linux-2.6 and USB. For
known working instructions, see the SVN LFS book. Of course, you may omit
udev.

Also, with linux-2.6, you don't need usbutils at all if you have mounted sysfs
on /sys.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov