On Sun, May 08, 2005 at 06:36:21PM -0400, Jon Grosshart wrote:
> O.k... I did use that switch as per the books instructions. So thats
> the only thing holding me up then? If I were to rebuild glibc and omit
> --enable-add-ons=nptl I'd be good to go?

It's a little more complicated than that. It would involve unpacking the
linuxthreads tarball into the glibc source dir and changing configure
options. Also, I would suspect with such a drastic change in the libc
you should probably rebuild binutils and gcc as well. By the time you do
that, it would be much safer to just build a fresh LFS using the 5.1.1
book for the toolchain and the current testing book for the lesser
packages. You still might hit a snag or three, but most little niggles
can be worked around easily enough (like the flex issue that you already
noticed).

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch