Declan Moriarty wrote:

"Network is unreachable" is something I've seen every time I let my IRQ
be set where yours is :-D. Basically, it means it's throwing stuff at
the network card but not getting anything encouraging back

Did you sort out your IRQ, /etc/hosts, and resolv.conf
I can't get the IRQ changed. If I run 'ifconfig eth0 irq 11 (this is the one assigned by Mandrake)' I receive the message the the operation is not permitted. If I deed the memory address of the IRQ, I don't know how to get it.

I tried passing IRQ=11 in the /etc/sysconfig/modules file, but the driver then didn't load. All I accomplished was to produce a lot of debug messages in sys.log.

I'm trying to figure out how to do this so any suggestions would be great.

Dan