On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 12:41 +0100, Declan Moriarty wrote:
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/udev was crapping out quite early and noiselessly in
> the script.

I have yet to build LFS (this is my third) without needing to spend time
debugging init script problems.  I end up filling the scripts with lines
like "Here I am about to load /proc" followed by "read -t 60" (so it
will pause long enough for me to read the message, but not hang if I
forget to remove it later).  Since /var may not be loaded yet, I can't
count on a boot log to record the events so I need to be able to watch
diagnostic messages on the screen as they occur.

--
Peter B. Steiger
Cheyenne, WY