I built Firefox 1.0 as part of my BLFS 6.0 system. Since then there have been five upgrades to Firefox (currently 1.0.5 with 1.0.6 maybe in a few days). Also, I've seen a lot of traffic in the last couple of weeks about 1.0.4 not building or behaving too well.

Currently, I'm not able to install any plugins or extensions without upgrading to at least 1.0.4. What are the pros and cons about downloading and installing the binaries from Firefox? What problems can I expect if I build 1.0.4?

Thanks,

Dan