Declan Moriarty wrote:

I currently have udev-062 and Hotplug-2004-09-23 running in lfs-6.0 and
I'm looking at trying to get my camera noticed. I get 6 pages of usb
messages on startup (makes a mental to uncheck VERBOSE_DEBUG in the
kernel) and all host modules get loaded. When I manually load
usb_storage module I see this on stdout

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and
address 2
usb 1-1: Product: USB Mass Storage
usb 1-1: SerialNumber: Y-560^^^^^030819XFPX0004006711
 Vendor: FUJIFILM  Model: USB-DRIVEUNIT     Rev: 1.00
 Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 00

It has loaded the scsi_mod module, which I think is some general thing.
Scsi is enabled, but few/no drivers are. Udev or hotplug don't find it.
Where does the thing hide out? /dev/??? What kernel options are missing?
Kernel, btw is 2.6.12.1

Here's the SCSI stuff (anything ommitted is unset)

# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDESCSI is not set
# SCSI device support
CONFIG_SCSI=m
CONFIG_SCSI_PROC_FS=y
# SCSI support type (disk, tape, CD-ROM)
# Some SCSI devices (e.g. CD jukebox) support multiple LUNs
# CONFIG_SCSI_MULTI_LUN is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_CONSTANTS is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_LOGGING is not set
# SCSI Transport Attributes
# CONFIG_SCSI_SPI_ATTRS is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_FC_ATTRS is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_ISCSI_ATTRS is not set
        # SCSI low-level drivers
CONFIG_SCSI_QLA2XXX=m

The usb end seems OK. How do I find how to trace the usual problem
of udev not making the devices and hotplug not lifting a finger either?
Is there some set approach?

For cameras you might want to look at gphoto.

--
Shane Shields

Registered LFS Compiler: 7582
To drink the WINE of success you must first seek the sayings of source

Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged $25
for network traffic and computing time. By extracting my address from this
message or its header, you agree to these terms.