Hi! I have an LFS 6.0 system, and I was wondering, where could I get a good mkinitrd script and tutorial. I haven't found an official project, and each distro has their own. I tried copying the debian initrd-tools over. I liked how it used cramfs, but the mkinitrd script makes many calls to 'dpkg', which I don't have. I haven't had luck figuring out how fedora/redhat's mkinitrd works or what it needs (/etc/conf.modules, /etc/mkinitrd/modules, /etc/modules.conf, etc.). I eventually want to add a bootsplash (needs an initrd), and make it a custom live rescue cd (and just want to know how it all works ;-) ) Thanks!
-Steven