Hello again,
just thought I would add to the discussion: gnome-doc-utils solved all my problems instantaneously. And I do agree with Randy that "copy & paste" *does* make things (ie. installing BLFS & GNOME) a breeze. Most of the time, at least. What *does not* make installing things a breeze is the user package hint. It was all fine with LFS and most BLFS packages. But with GNOME and so fearfully (irritatingly?) many packages interacting with one another, and desperately wanting to write to another's directory - it's becoming a slight pain.

Not that I'm not glad I've been following the hint - it's awesome IMHO. So even I happen to curse the bloody idea at times (see my new post above :-) I'm still in love with it. Period.

Kind regards,
David Ciecierski

PS: And thanks for all your support - as always...