I tried compiling Xfree86-4.4.0 after I couldn't get Xorg to compile. I downloaded the seven separate files. I checked them (md5sums) and everything looked fine. I completely deleted the old xc and xcbuild stuff generated by my previous failed Xorg attempts. I recreated the config/cf/hosts.def file. I modified this taking out all of the commented lines that are normally built by the Xfree86 scripts or I just don't need on my system. I also only tried building the vga under XF86CardDrivers because I don't have any other cards. My motherboard does use the SiS architecture if that matters.

Here is the last of my xfree-compile log (it is different from my xorg failure):

-fomit-frame-pointer -march=i686 Attrib.c

Attrib.c: In function `CreateOldColorTable':

Attrib.c:51: error: argument "ncolors" doesn't match prototype

Attrib.c:38: error: prototype declaration

make[4]: *** [Attrib.o] Error 1

make[4]: Leaving directory `/blfs-sources/xc/lib/Xpm'

make[3]: *** [all] Error 2

make[3]: Leaving directory `/blfs-sources/xc/lib'

make[2]: *** [all] Error 2

make[2]: Leaving directory `/blfs-sources/xc'

make[1]: *** [World] Error 2

make[1]: Leaving directory `/blfs-sources/xc'

make: *** [World] Error 2

Here are the lines in Attrib.c that are giving me problems:

#include "XpmI.h"

/* 3.2 backward compatibility code */

---> (LINE 38) LFUNC(CreateOldColorTable, int, (XpmColor *ct, int ncolors,

XpmColor ***oldct));

LFUNC(FreeOldColorTable, void, (XpmColor **colorTable, int ncolors));

/*

* Create a colortable compatible with the old style colortable

*/

static int

CreateOldColorTable(ct, ncolors, oldct)

XpmColor *ct;

unsigned int ncolors;

XpmColor ***oldct;

---> (LINE 51) {

XpmColor **colorTable, **color;

int a;

if (ncolors >= SIZE_MAX / sizeof(XpmColor *))

return XpmNoMemory;

colorTable = (XpmColor **) XpmMalloc(ncolors * sizeof(XpmColor *));

I really don't know what to do with this now. I don't know what I could have done wrong. I do have all of the dependency packages installed (I have rechecked this several times during the Xorg fiasco). I was hoping this would turn out to be different. My build is worthless to me without the X window and the packages that rely on it. Any assistance with this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy Blythe