On 9/11/05, Randy McMurchy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've fooled around with using the Firefox NSPR stuff to build
> Thunderbird, and there was some issue but I can't remember now what
> it was. Though I knew they existed, I never tried to build the
> stand-alone versions of the NSPR stuff.

I just started a new build with gcc-4 so I will have to come back to
this and check again.

> Additionally, all the Mozilla stuff would have to show that the
> NSPR stuff as an *optional* dependency, and the default commands
> for the Mozilla packages would have to build using commands that
> don't include the separate NSPR stuff. Then, in the commands
> explanation section, there would have to be some mention on how to
> use a pre-installed NSPR installation.
>
> Is this worth it?

Don't know. Right now I don't even want to suggest it as a
installation procedure for the book. Hence the mail to -support
instead of -dev. Whether to update the book or not and how to update
it is still in the future:) I wanted to check if someone had tried it,
since I would like to try to make it work.

--
Tushar Teredesai
   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]