Archaic wrote:
On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 10:34:48PM -0400, Doug Reich wrote:

Since we're already off topic...

No, it won't kill the public_html dir. I happen to have an account on a system in which the home directory has 0700 permissions, but so long as the public_html directory has 755 permissions, everything will work fine.

Well that is surely intriguing. Try this link:

http://linuxfromscratch.org/~archaic/linux-2.6.11.11-pseudo_random-1.patch

you will find that you get a 403 forbidden. The only thing I changed
just now was chmod 0700 /home/archaic. Before, it was 0701.

Well, look before you leap I guess (AKA check your sources!) -- the system has the home directories set with 0711 permissions, which makes sense, since that's what the execute bit means on a directory. Good catch!

-Doug