On Friday 23 September 2005 17:13, Kevin Jordan wrote:
> On 9/23/05, Lennon Cook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Since I use the package user hint, when I build a package that
> > installs GConf schemas I pass --disable-schemas-install to ./configure
> > , and install them manually as root afterwards using gconftool-2. My
> > question is quite simply, can I then delete the *.schemas file? Do any
> > apps need the raw file installed, or only the the various other things
> > gconftool-2 puts in?

I'm about to build Gnome for the first time using the package user hint.
Could you enlighten me as to why this is necessary?  Perhaps provide a search
string or a URL so I could research it myself.

Cheers.
--
Footnotes are for things you believe don't really belong in LDP manuals,
but want to include anyway.