On Sat, Sep 24, 2005 at 04:42:36PM -0500, Dan McGhee wrote:

> I thought I remembered some words in LFS or BLFS about removing sources,
> but, except for the clean-up in LFS, I can't find anything.  Am I just
> paranoid or should I turn 'rm -R <dir>' loose.  I figure I should save
> "config.cache."  Anything else?

It sounds like you are talking about extracted and built source trees
and not tarballs. If this is the case, yes you can remove them. The only
purpose they would serve is for comparison when encountering errors and
such.

> Oh BTW, since kernel headers are installed separately now, is there any
> reason to keep the kernel source tree around?

Very little. There is the occasional package that looks in there, but
those packages are few and far between anymore. Worse case scenario is
just that you have to unpack the kernel before building something.

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hlfs