Dan McGhee wrote:

I know that I could just go find a file manager to use with fluxbox. Would I be heading for the "bloat" that I'm trying to avoid if I tried the WindowMaker-GNUstep combination? I am also willing to try this combination to see how it works and provide input to this list with the purpose of adding it, if it's good enough, to "the Book." Good enough means, lean, fast, and little overhead compared to Gnome and KDE.

For the File Manager approach, try emelfm2, currently at 0.1.2
DownLoads - emelFM2 wiki <http://www.emelfm2.org/DownLoads> Hey I'm in the credits! Note: it has some problems with the new scrollbar api in gtk+-2.8.x.
Although GNUstep is interesting, I can't like their directory structure.

--
David Jensen