Dan Nicholson wrote:

So, you obviously didn't read Alexander's UTF-8 book or make any
attempt at investigation before making this statement.  Look at
Alexander's book.  UTF-8 involves more than a few cosmetic changes
from the very beginning.  It's not just something you can decide in
BLFS and say "You now what, I think I'd rather have UTF-8 now."

Look, obviously international support is not an issue for you for
whatever reasons you have.  Just skip those parts if they get
implemented and you don't want it.  But to brush off support to a
whole group of people is certainly not the way LFS should be going.

--
Dan

As a UK user/builder of LFSs (?) I would also like to concur positively about support for UTF-8. Most other software systems now support it by default and almost all web services require UTF-8 encoding. Eventually, it will make life simpler as, from what I think I understand, we can all use UTF-8 irrespective of where we live... Think of all those euro symbols not being interpreted correctly around the globe ;-)

Cheers

Alan