Rumor has it that Erik Garrison may have mentioned these words:
On 12/6/05, Dan Nicholson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[snipppage]

> but does in glibc-2.3.4.  See this (at the bottom):
>
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/errata/6.1/

Confirmed, I have glibc-2.3.4, OpenSSH_4.1p1.  I should've read the
errata before  However, while turning off UseDNS does the trick,
turning UseDNS back on and making the directory /var/lib/sshd/lib does
not work.  The crash returns exactly the same.

It did for me as well. I'm not smart enough to know *why* the mkdir trick didn't work for me, but the only way for me to get sshd to work was with turning off the DNS in the sshd_config file.

Note: I do *not* have any form of DNS services running on the box(es) yet - so maybe once DNS is up and running, the UseDNS switch works as expected?

Hope this helps,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger -- SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

What do you do when Life gives you lemons,
and you don't *like* lemonade?????????????