Hello,

I recently broke my system and some permissions got mixed up.  As a
result only root gets gnome-menus.  (It used to work before for all
users)

I have:

export XDG_CONFIG_DIRS=/etc/gnome/xdg

in /etc/profile and the variable is correctly set for any user logging
in.

I have tried running the "gnome-menu-spec-test" program and it only
returns something when running it as root (yes... with the
XDG_CONFIG_DIRS variable set)

I don't get it and it's starting to get slightly annoying.  All my menus
files and gnome configuration files are world readable.  I also
recompiled most gnome packages, to no avail...

Clearly, it's a permission problem, but I have no idea which file could
be messed up.  I looked at the obvious ones.  Could someone tell me
where I could look at?

Thanks,

Pierre