On Sun, 2006-01-15 at 22:45 +0100, Dr. Edgar Alwers wrote:

> OK, I did so. But nothing special happens: the /EXTRA=extra/firmware
> directory
> is empty. "lsmod" shows ipw2200 but nothing about an firmware. Also, there
> are not error messages. Is that OK ? How can I see if the firmware was
> loaded ?
> Sorry for asking so detailed, but I could not find neat instructions,
> probably
> due to the fact that the issue is very new.
> Thanks,
> Edgar

as I said, I use
make EXTRAS="extras/firmware extras/run_directory" {,install}
that makes sure that the firmare_helper and the run_x progs will be
compiled/installed (you did that by compiling the extensions one after
an other)
but if you don't have any firmware loading problem messages in dmeseg
the firmware should be loaded
now you can try an iwconfig and look if there are any devices with
wify-extensions.

CUH Rainer Peter Feller