Richard A Downing FBCS CITP wrote:

John Gay wrote:
On Sunday 02 April 2006 08:12, Eric Stout wrote:
As fellow Hoosiers probably know, our fine government has again decided
<SNIP>
I think we should all go back to the good old days before Railroad
Timetables (the original excuse), when every village had it's own time
zone.  The computers can handle it!
I'm all for having a single time.  One time for the entire planet.

There is, it's called Zulu time. The U.S. Military uses it for anything that needs co-ordination across time-zones.

Just for information: The UK forces also use Zulu time operationally -
even when not supporting the USA in their foreign wars.

Now we have a ball rolling.  How about the LFS project(s) going over to
Zulu time completely?  Of course, this is the same as UTC (BST - 1).

R.
I love this idea! Anyone else? And, I can't bring myself to remove all the above; it looks too pretty with all those colors :)
sash