DJ Lucas wrote:
I assume that the issue did not occur with 1.0.x? It sounds like the very familiar font permissions problem, but not likely if it didn't happen with the previous version. Does the problem go away if you run firefox as root? If not, did you upgrade any other packages along with the firefox upgrade?

-- DJ Lucas

Indeed, it did not occur in 1.0.x.  It does also occur as root.
At first I only installed the NSS package (which is not in BLFS 6.1) prior to firefox 1.5. In an attempt to resolve the problem I upgraded GTK+ to 2.8.17 (after upgrading ATK to 1.11.4, glib to 2.10.2, pango to 1.12.2, and installing cairo). Recompiled firefox afterwards, same problem.
All required seem to be there now (well LibIDL is 0.8.5).
I've read the fonts-thread. I cannot image thats the problem. As long as I don't touch the scrollbar/mouse wheel, all is in order.

Leo.