On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 16:08 +0000, Tasos Drosopoulos wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm on my way through BLFS-svn-2006-05-28 and Xorg7.1. I have an nvidia
> GeForce 6200 graphics card. On my previous built (~March 2005) with
> Xorg7.0 the proprietary driver from nvidia worked fine. Now, I get a
> WARNING message that the driver is not compliant with ABI 1.0 and when I
> fire Xwindows up I see that I have absolutely no fonts on any of my menu
> titlebars etc. (actually there is a flicker when they appear for fraction
> of a second and then they disappear).

That seems somewhat familiar - I've got a test system that I've built
something 'almost' 7.1 on, and seen some problems with some (not all)
text not appearing. Although in my case, mousing over caused the text to
appear correctly without disappearing. Sounds like a variant of the same
problem - I've not got a solution though, sorry.

Simon.