Jason Johnson wrote:

I install Xorg version 6.9.0 in directory /usr, and directory
/usr/include/X11/Xlib.h does not exist. My Xlib.h file is located in
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h.

Looks to me like you installed xorg in /usr/X11R6, not /usr. I have never done a mono build in /usr so maybe something weird with xorg-6. Please write back and let us know how it was installed so that we can furthur clarify or correct the instructions in the book, and save somebody else the trouble that you are experiencing.

Anyway, to fix your problem, As Peter has already mentioned, you should have symlinks to /usr/include for your X11 and GL includes. Also, to save a step, if /usr/X11R6/lib exists, then this should be accounted for in /etc/ld.so.conf and /usr/X11R6/bin in your path.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

-- DJ Lucas