On Wed, 7 Jun 2006, Andrew Benton wrote:

> Tasos Drosopoulos wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > I built yesterday wine-0.9.14 from source on a recent BLFS-SVN-2006-05-28
> > (LFS toolchain is based on gcc-4.0.3, glibc-2.3.6, binutils-2.16.1). Also
> > use Xorg7.1 and freetype-2.1.10.
> > Wine is not on the BLFS book so if my post is inappropriate please ignore
> > it.
> >
> > My first attempt on building wine aborted on the configuration step,
> > indicating that it couldn't find freetype even though the only part that
> > seemed to be missing was:
> >      checking for freetype/ftnames.h... no
>
> This looks wrong, the freetype headers are not in /usr/include/freetype,
> they're in /usr/include/freetype2/freetype. Is there a configure switch you
> can use to point it at the freetype headers? Maybe something like
> --with-freetype-includes=/usr/include/freetype2/freetype (that was just a
> guess). Try reading ./configure --help
> If that doesn't work, try making a symbolic link,
> ln -s freetype2/freetype /usr/include/freetype
>
> Andy
> --

Well, no. The path that configure is looking through, is indeed
/usr/include/freetype2/freetype and ftnames.h is the only file
from freetype-2.1.10 that is not there. Configure picks up all the rest.
I also checked in the original freetype-2.1.10 sources. This file does
not exist there either, which is why I was asking if I needed to downgrade
FontForge (or maybe upgrade freetype? I see there is a 2.2.1 version out.
However, I have already built Xorg-7.1 and KDE-3.5.2 plus a host of
other programs and I am afraid that upgrading freetype would probably mean
a recompilation of all the above - brrrr!! :)