On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 09:24 -0600, Peter B. Steiger wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 22:45 +1200, Simon Geard wrote:
> > Out of curiosity, do you have similar problems with the various
> > calendaring functions?
>
> Absolutely - Any attempt to go into the calendar functions locks up all
> of Evolution, and I had to go to console and kill the process to regain
> control of my desktop.

Ok, so maybe they didn't fix the problem in 2.6 and it's just gone away
(for me) for no particular reason. That's worrying, since it means it
could come back just as easily...

For what it's worth, I build e-d-s with the following options:

./configure \
  --prefix=/usr \
  --libexecdir=/usr/sbin \
  --sysconfdir=/etc \
  --localstatedir=/var/lib \
  --disable-gtk-doc \
  --enable-debug \
  --disable-static \
  --disable-dependency-tracking

And evolution itself with the same plus "--enable-nntp --enable-nss". I
don't recall changing any of these settings when I upgraded from Evo
2.4, but something must be different about the current setup...

Simon.