Well, the Encrypted Root Filesystem HOWTO ( http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Encrypted-Root-Filesystem-HOWTO/ ) said that this was based off the Linux From Scratch project so I thought that this was the appropriate maillist for my question. Is there a better maillist to post teh question?

I looked everywhere on google and could not find the answer to my question.

- Steve

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but why do you think
blfs-support is an appropriate place to ask about initrds ?  LFS
doesn't have to support more than the box it is compiled on, so
using an initrd to add extra modules the way distros do is not
something we commonly do.

Ken