On 6/10/06, Alexander E. Patrakov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Indeed, there is an incompatibility between 8xxx nvidia drivers and Xorg 7.1. It
can be (reportedly) worked around by adding to xorg.conf:

Option "RenderAccel" "no"

This is indeed the option that I've read about that fixes the
invisible fonts on Xorg-7.1 with the latest nVidia driver.

but I can't check this because I have an ATI video card.

And the proprietary ATI drivers won't even start up on Xorg-7.1 due to
the ABI breakage.  That probably won't happen either until one of the
major distros goes to Xorg-7.1.

--
Dan