On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 07:30:23AM +0100, Andrew Benton wrote:

> After you've run configure, before you run make, blank the doc/Makefile
>
> echo all: > doc/Makefile &&
> echo install: >> doc/Makefile

I wonder if you have any other suggestions?  I'm still getting the same error,
however there's a lot more output, so I guess it's getting further into the
build.  Maybe rewrite another Makefile?  Am I pasting enough of the error?

Try `make DOCSRC=""'.  It should avoid the doc subdir altogether then.
Another possibility that might not work is `make USE_DOCBOOK_TRUE=#'.

--
Dan