Jörg W Mittag wrote:
Matthew Burgess wrote:
So, another case of NIH syndrome. Rather than report bugs/offer patches to existing projects (tar vs. star, make vs. smake, etc.) he goes and reinvents the wheel. Oh well, I guess it's his time to waste :-)

<snip>

So, yes
there *is* a case of NIH syndrome and reinventing the wheel, but the
other way round.

Wow, thanks for the history lesson! Looks like I need to improve my research skills!

However, please note that reinventing the wheel is not necessarily a
bad thing thing if the owner of said wheel is a sociopath ...

Quite.

Regards,

Matt.