On Saturday 30 June 2007 16:00:56 Georgina Joyce wrote:

> In working through 28 June 2007 blfs, I'm attempting to build the  Xorg
> libraries.  However, I'm getting the error below:  I observed the
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH and set that to /usr/lib/pkgconfig as that appeared to be
> the correct path but it hasn't changed the error, which suggests that it is
> not a path error but I guess it is a path error.  What values should I
> export to cflags and libs?
>
> checking if /usr/bin/cpp requires -undef... yes
> checking if /usr/bin/cpp requires -traditional... yes
> checking whether to use XCB... (cached) yes
> checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
> checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
> checking for XPROTO... yes
> checking for X11... configure: error: Package requirements (xextproto
> xtrans xcb-xlib >= 0.9.92) were not met:
>
> No package 'xcb-xlib' found

I got exactly this error just yesterday.  See
http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/blfs-dev/2007-June/017326.html.  The
easiest solution to this is to pass "--without-xcb" to ./configure, as
documented in the Command Explanations section of the XOrg Libraries page in
BLFS.  Alternatively, you might want to consider installing libpthread-stubs
and libxcb, but note Alexander's response to my message linked to above where
XCB isn't recommended at this point in time.

Regards,