On 9/17/07, Martin McCourt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 9/16/07, Alexander E. Patrakov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Which version of fontconfig? And please tar up /etc/fonts again. Also
> > check if merely removing /etc/fonts/conf.d improves the situation.
>
> Noticed something interesting in my xorg logs:
> (EE) Failed to load module "freetype" (module does not exist, 0)
> (EE) Failed to load module "xft" (module does not exist, 0)
>
> I tried to 'find /usr -name "*freetype*"' it didn't find anything in
> /usr/lib/X11/modules/font!  What gives?  let me try reinstalling
> freetype *again* and see if I can't figure this out.

Do you mean that you have libfreetype.so in /usr/lib/X11/modules/font,
but `find' can't locate it? If so, that sounds like some kind of
permissions problem, possibly with directories. If that's not an
issue, you might want to consider rebuilding xorg-server since that's
where those modules come from.

--
Dan