Barry Loo wrote:
> To clarify,
>
> I'm only refering to _B_lfs, not _L_fs.  Blfs (both the current stable
> and development version) says the following under the installation
> instructions for cdrtools
> (http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/multimedia/cdrtools.html):

I know  you are talking about BLFS, but the headers are installed in LFS.

> In short: If nothing in the blfs books say anything about needing
> linux-libc-headers you may disregard everything I've written on this
> subject--I'm simply misreading something.
>
> Loo

Well the point of that note is that cdrtools won't compile if it finds
raw linux kernel headers in /usr/src/linux...the mention of
linux-libc-headers is simply because that's what LFS used to use. Now it
would say Linux API Headers because LFS does use the headers from the
kernel, modified by "make headers_check". As was said before, LFS has
not used linux-libc-headers in quite some time now, so this and any
other instance of BLFS referring to "Linux-Libc-Headers" is simply
out-of-date and should be replaced by "Linux API Headers".

Also, please try to follow rules of netiquette described here -
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq/#netiquette - specifically, trim the
  quoted text and do not post replies at the top.