On Mon, 2008-09-08 at 06:23 -0700, Dan Nicholson wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 1:51 AM, Simon Geard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Does anyone here happen to know how to play the audio part of an FLV
> > file under Linux (e.g downloaded clips from youtube)? Using totem (or
> > any gstreamer-based player) with the gst-ffmpeg package installed, I can
> > see the video just fine, but don't get any sound. Watching them in the
> > browser via the flash plugin works fine, but I want to be able to access
> > them offline too...
>
> swfdec uses gstreamer and decodes flv streams, but it seems like the
> decoder is internal to libswfdec instead of a dedicated gstreamer
> module. Still, you may want to try that out. There's a sample player
> in the tarball as well as a full player for gnome and a plugin for
> mozilla browsers.

Ideally I was hoping to be able to use totem like with any other file,
but I'll give swfdec a try (I think I already have it installed). One
thing I found - the problem doesn't seem to be with ffmpeg, as the crude
player that comes with that can handle audio just fine. So if nobody
knows of a quick answer, I might take it up with the developers...

Simon.