On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 11:59:23PM +0000, lux-integ wrote:
> Greetings
>
> (host clfs  pure amd64  kkernel 2.6.27..2 gcc 4.3.2)
> ####problems compiling pyKDE4
>
> {standard input}: Assembler messages:
> {standard input}:164904: Warning: end of file not at end of a line; newline
> inserted
> {standard input}:165365: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.l205'
> g++: Internal error: Killed (program cc1plus)
> Please submit a full bug report.
> See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
> make[1]: *** [sipkdeuipart0.o] Error 1
>

> suggstions welcomed
>
> lux-integ
> ps pyKDE4  taken from kde-svn

 I almost was going to blame this on your toolchain (which would be
odd, because my own pure64 builds have seemed usable, and this is
very late in the build for problems to suddenly appear - unless you
have the old powersupply or fan problems).

 And then I noticed the last line.

 I haven't built anything newer than 4.1.3 on pure64, and ISTR I
couldn't get the 4.1.3 bindings to compile on whichever system I
tried them on.

 But, kdebindings-4.2.0 compiled without any problems on my LFS-6.4
system.  Not that I'm expecting to build it again, I've taken a
hearty dislike to akonadi.  Might get around to posting my findings
on 4.2.0 here one of these days - I posted earlier in
http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/blfs-support/2009-February/065234.html
 and I should add that those packages were on top of akonadi-1.1.1,
phonon-4.3.0, kdelibs-4.2.0, gpgme-1.1.4, libical-0.43,
kdepimlibs-4.2.0, kdebase*4.2.0 etc.

 So, I will respond with a question: why are you using pyKDE4 from
kde svn ?  Questions about development versions should probably be
asked on the kde lists.  I know nothing about their development
process but I assume an ICE is not entirely unexpected.

ĸen