On 30/03/2010 15:04, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On 30 March 2010 02:12, Ken Moffat<zarniwhoo...@googlemail.com>  wrote:
>>   I haven't tried to do without xorg.conf because I don't think it will
>> default to anything approaching my default settings.
>
>   Just gave this a test - no keyboard or mouse (I only build the evdev
> driver these days).  Don't expect me to test conf-less xorg any time
> soon :(

Interstingly (potentially!), I've just rebuilt xorg-server against HAL
and now my keyboard and mouse have stopped working too under a
configless setup!  I just rebuilt with '--disable-config-hal' and things
started working again.  That's so counter-intuitive (given that HAL is
supposed to aid auto-detection) that I now suspect I've made a mistake
somewhere!

Regards,

Matt.