On Sun, 2010-04-11 at 16:49 +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On 10 April 2010 19:55, linux fan <linuxscra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Even better would be the DejaVu fonts, which are basically the
> >> Bitstream Vera fonts but they also cover Cyrillic and Greek as well.
> >
> > That is what they say.
> > Maybe my perception is defective, but the Bitstream Vera fonts look
> > better to me.
>
>  ISTR that the hints on bitstream vera are reputedly better,
> which is why both should be installed.

There's definitely a difference between the two of them - if you run a
system where Vera is the default, you sometimes see the appearance
change if you enter some character that requires it to switch to
DejaVu... I've mostly noticed it in Eclipse, on the RedHat 5 boxes at
work...

Personally, I'm happy to just use DejVu for everything - Vera might be a
little superior, but not so much that I can bother installing it...

Simon.